Tullamore Golf Club
Golf has been played in Tullamore since 1886. This book is a history of Tullamore Golf Club from its formation in 1896 when the course was located at the racetrack in Ballykilmurray. An earlier 9-hole course was located at Tinnycross in 1894/95. A move to the Briscoe lands at Screggan took place in 1906 where it was based until 1926 when the Club relocated to its present home at Brookfield, part of the Charleville Estate. Although ladies/women were members of the club from the beginning, a Ladies Branch was not formed until 1912 and this centenary will be celebrated in 2012. The foresight of the founding members and the officers and committees down through the years, who continued to develop the club to its present high standard, should be gratefully acknowledged by all. This history chronicles the events of the club over the years and includes a valuable photographic record of familiar names over a century.