The history and antiquities of the diocese of Ossory – Rev William Carrigan
Out of stock
The History And Antiquities of the Diocese of Ossory by William Carrigan was published in four volumes in 1905. Established in 549 AD the diocese had approximately the same borders as the ancient Kingdom of Ossary . St. Canice established a Christian monastic community at what is now Kilkenny city on the site of the 13th century St. Canice’s cathedral which still survives. The diocese has forty one parishes and almost one hundred churches.
Very good condition.